As Mom’s we all know the golden rule, expect the unexpected! Never be caught unprepared during a trip. Plan ahead and stuff your bag with essentials things you need. The better prepared you are, the more fun you will have on the trip. We want your next #mamavacay to be a fun one so grab a pen and start making a list!
A Basic Guide to a #mamavacay Traveller’s Kit
Here’s a checklist of what should be inside your traveler’s kit:
1. Medicine Kit
Never assume that no mishaps will happen on a trip. Even minor bruises should be taken care of. Always keep your first- aid kit handy.
- For treating wounds bring along a roll of bandage, safety pins and scissors
- Tweezers might be needed to pull out foreign materials that penetrate the skin
- Bring ointments and alcohols for treating abrasions
- If you are prone to allergies and itching, antihistamine medications like Benadryl should be handy
2. Common medications
- aspirin for headaches
- antidiarrheal medication just in case you get loose bowels
- decongestant are a life saver for seasonal/locational allergies
- dehydration and motion sickness is common when traveling pack water and gravol
- Prescription drugs – Remember to bring along whatever medication you are taking. Bring enough supply to last for the entire trip.
3. Personal Hygiene Kit
This kit must include all your toiletries. This will keep you looking fresh all the time.
This one probably goes without saying but hey you might just forget if you don’t write them down:
- dental floss
- small bottled mouthwash
Carry along your favorite brush, comb and shampoo. If you think you’ll need it bring along your hair spray, gel and curling iron or straightener too!
6. Personal effects
This will include your make-up kit. Remember to bring only the cosmetics that you are likely to use. Carry with you a handy mirror. Always pack a nail file, I can’t tell you how many times this has come in handy for me.
7. Skin protection
Keep your skin healthy by putting on sunscreen and lip balm as often as you need them.
Bring along with you sets of toilet papers, soaps, towels and washcloth depending on your location. I find carrying a travel pack of tissues always comes in handy!
9. Emergency Kit
This includes the stuff you might need like
- pocket knife
- duct tape (you will be amazed at how many uses duct tape has)
Mobile phones are important in case of emergency, be sure to bring your charger and a portable battery pack!
For added fun, you can bring along a few items to make the trip that much more enjoyable like:
- travel journal
- travel corkscrew (just make sure you don’t carry it on to the plane)
- reading materials
- locale’s language book
These are a few of the basics and a guide to help you create the perfect traveler’s kit! Remember the kit will vary by destination so start with the basics and add on depending on location. Now you’re ready for your next adventure no matter where the road takes you!
Enjoy your #mamavacay and the fun trip ahead!
This post contains affiliate links